Sunday 8 September 2013

It's What's For Supper

By the time this thing gets posted, it will probably be close to 11:00PM, and by then, I may be close to needing a midnight snack after having looked at this photograph for so long.  One aspect of photography that I don't practice nearly enough is food photography.  Especially when you consider all of the terrific dishes that My Lovely Assistant creates.  I took a picture of some Parmesan crisps that she made back in March, but the camera has not really gone near the kitchen since.  This tasty dish is a tomato stuffed with rice, sausage and Parmesan cheese.  I suppose that I should also mention that I helped in the creation of this culinary masterpiece.  I shredded the Parmesan.  It was such a lovely dish that I just needed to take out my camera and shoot a few photos before it was eaten.  I probably need to find a better lighting solution than the one I presently use, which consists of my kitchen lights and my Speedlite flash.  I ended up shooting this photograph at f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 35mm.  I chose to shoot at f/6.3 because I wanted to blur out the background of the photo, but didn't want to blur the parsley at the front of the photo or the second tomato.  For those of you wondering at home, yes, it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment