Thursday 30 October 2014

Halloween Beans

There's two things that I really like about jelly beans.  One, they're real colourful.  I took another photograph of some jelly beans last year, mostly because I really liked all of the different colours mixed together.  The last time My Lovely Assistant and I made a little visit to Bulk Barn, they had these special Halloween jelly beans on sale.  I say 'special', but it's really just a bunch of orange and black jelly beans.  The colours of Halloween.  I grabbed a small bag knowing that some candy might make a little Halloween treat for those of you who visit the blog.  My original plan was to wait for a sunny day and put a plate of the beans next to a window for lighting, but I figured I'd use these beans to play around with my flash a little bit.  In the first photograph you see, I bounced the flash off of the ceiling and onto the beans. For the second photograph I used the bounce card that comes with the flash to reflect the light down on my plate.  As you can see, the results are different.  In the first photograph, the beans look a little more solid than in the second, but the beans in the second photo have more of a glow to them.  This is due to the different amounts of light hitting them.  It made for a fun little time playing with my flash and different apertures.  The first photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/9, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  At the beginning I mentioned how there were two things I like about jelly beans.  The colours are nice, but they sure are tasty as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment