Sunday 22 May 2016

Manny Jr. & The Cyclones in Saint-Lambert

Earlier today I was in Saint-Lambert to see some old cars at their annual old car exposition.  So naturally, the photographs being posted here tonight are of a concert.  On stage is Manny Jr. & The Cyclones, a Quebec band that plays old time rock & roll and rockabilly music.  Both styles very fitting on a day in which cars from the 1950's, 60's, before and beyond were on display.  I was only able to stick around for a few songs, but they played very well, including a very good version of one of my all-time favourites, Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and The Comets.  The crowd really got into the show and there was even a few brave folks who were swing dancing away.  I'm not much of a dancer, so I happily turned my camera on the band and grabbed a few quick photographs of their show.  The first one was taken at f/7.1, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 59mm.  Here are a few more photographs I took as they band played.

f/7.1, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 55mm

f4, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 70mm

f/4, 1/2500sec, ISO 400 at 51mm

f/7.1, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 70mm

I always enjoy the opportunity to photograph some musical acts.  I was having as much fun shooting as the band was playing and the crowd was listening.  Everyone's a winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment