Thursday 19 October 2017

Not Ready To Be Friends

Halloween is rapidly approaching, which is kind of appropriate since this update features something that looks like it came fresh out of an Alice Cooper nightmare.  Through some quick research, I discovered that this creepy little thing is called a Black & Yellow Argiope spider and is considered to be a 'friendly' spider.  Good to know because this is a clear case of appearances being deceiving.  When My Lovely Assistant and I accidentally came upon this thing during a walk in the Boucherville islands, being friendly was not the first thing that came to mind.  After convincing myself that this thing wasn't going to jump off its web and eat me, I got much more closer than I was comfortable being and shot this photograph at f/9, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 68mm.  I didn't wait to find out if it is really true that the spider is more afraid of me than I was of it.  That is one mystery that will remain unanswered for the immediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment