Sunday 14 April 2019

Feel The Groove

While photography has been a rather large interest of mine, this is a photography blog after all, another of my interests has always been music.  My mother often shakes her head when she sees my wall of CD's.  Music seems like it has always had a place in my life.  I can't play an instrument to save my life, but I can remember hearing Smokey Robinson sing 'Tears of a Clown' and other old songs, in the backseat of my Grandfathers car.  I would fall asleep with the radio under my pillow listening to music, hoping that my parents would hear the tunes when they'd pass to check before going to bed themselves.  This all kind of ties together by the fact that yesterday was Record Store Day.   What was once a small niche celebration of things vinyl, has kind of exploded over the last few years.  I myself don't own any vinyl records, mostly because my obsessive collecting gene would probably lead me into bankruptcy as I would need to find a vinyl version of every CD I own.  However, I still decided to get in on the fun.  I remembered that a few CD's in my collection had designs that copied the vinyl grooves of a record.  I pulled a couple of them out, Family Tree by Black Stone Cherry and the Bachman Cummings Songbook for those wondering at home, and had a little fun.  The first photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm and the second photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  I used a macro lens to really makes the grooves stand out and placed the album sleeves under the CD's to add a little colour and design to the rest of the photograph.  Take a little time and listen to some music while you have the time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment