Saturday 28 September 2019

Don Jamieson At Petit Campus

My latest photo pass saw me spend Friday evening at the Petit Campus in Montreal for a triple-header of entertainment.  On the bill was the rock and roll comedy of Don Jamieson.  I've never photographed a comedian on stage before, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  There's not much action on the stage during a comedy show, so after a few shots I decided to put the camera down and become a little invisible.  Especially when I drew a blank when asked if I remembered the half-time act at the Super Bowl last year.  In my defense, the answer was Maroon 5 and it was a very forgettable performance.  The show was very funny as Don found a way to mix and metal and comedy, including a riff on Judas Priest songs reminiscent of how I'd walk the racks at the local music store with my friend Louie.  Good times.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 35mm.  Here are a few more photographs I took of the performance.

f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm
f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 24mm

f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm
f/2.8, 1/800sec, ISO 3200 at 30mm

f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

Yes, that was in fact a birthday pizza that Mr. Jamieson was presented with, which in my books is several times cooler than a birthday cake.  Smiles and laughs is what I was going for, and I think I got them.  To find out more about Don Jamieson and his comedy, don't forget to follow the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment