Wednesday 7 April 2021

Evening Glory

If you've been following things here on The Old Blog over the years, you'll know that I am a fan of sunsets.  Sunrises are fun too, but they happen far to early in the morning for my internal alarm clock.  Sunsets are more in my clock comfort zone.  For me, there are two times during the year where the sunsets are the best.  The block of March/April just after the hour changes and then again October/November when the clocks change once again.  There's just something about the Sun around those times that makes give it a nice round shape and an orange, rather than yellow glow.  I took advantage of that this past weekend and decided to visit my old friend, the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  It is just perfectly positioned for these early Spring sunsets and I generally always manage to grab a great shot.  I think I did so once again this time.  I wasn't the only one to think so either as it ended up being one of the three Pictures of the Day over at the La Presse+ newspaper.  Feel free to follow that link to a screenshot of the page, though it is really viewed better with free app on Apple products.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Thanks once again to the photography department at La Presse+ for publishing my photograph.  It's always fun to see my work in print, or in this case, digital print.

No comments:

Post a Comment