Sunday 1 September 2024

Buzzing Around

It has been a slow year for my friendly bees around The Head Office this year.  We planted fewer sunflowers than usual this year and they were slow to bloom, so the bees probably found other yards to hang out it.  But, as the sunflowers finally began to open, they bees slowly returned and I was able to follow one around as he went from flower to flower the other day.  He certainly was a busy little worker.  You can see all of the pollen that he has accumulated on his body.  It brings a little peace to my lazy bones to see something so small, working so hard.  I love to sit back on my nice big deck chair and watch them fly and circle around those big sunflowers.  It's very relaxing.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Bees are an important part of our ecosystem and I just love to watch them.  All hail the worker bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment