Thursday 29 August 2024

Better Than The Alternative

I mentioned a little while ago that time seems to keep going by faster and faster every year.  That applies to Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer as well.  We'll be hitting one of those milestone birthdays in relatively short time, and despite the fact that my mind sometimes still thinks it is 1993, the reality is that not only are we in 2024, but 2025 is just around the corner.  Which brings us to this photograph.  My little cone flower has obviously seen better days, but it's still hanging in around our flowerbed in the front yard.  The colours have changed and the petals are barely there, but it still caught my eye and so I snapped away.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  So, for those of you who may be feeling the pain of the passing sands of time and getting older, I leave you with the words of my Grandfather, "it's better than the alternative."

No comments:

Post a Comment