Sunday, 4 October 2026

Anthrax At Parc Jean-Drapeau

We're a little bit backed up on getting my concert photographs up here on The Old Blog.  I suppose we will catch up at some point, but this would be a good time to remind you that my concert photographs can be seen in a much more timely manner by visiting V13 Media, which you can do by following the link.  If you'd like an even more direct route to my photographs, you can visit my personal page over there but using the following link.  Back at the beginning of September, Parc Jean-Drapeau hosted a concert that featured some of the biggest names in metal from the last forty years.  Getting the show started was East Coast thrashers, Anthrax.  They got the wrecking ball of an evening rolling first.  Bassist Frank Bello hit the stage as a bundle of flying hair and smiles.  He threw himself all over the stage with the kind of force that would have me reaching for the bottle of Aleve.  “Caught In A Mosh” got the ball rolling.  Guitarist Scott Ian was shredding and stomping on stage along with the thousands below him on the floor.  Joey Belladonna sounded as great.  He and the others seemed to be competing to see who could smile the most.  “Madhouse” and “Metal Thrashing Mad” quickly followed.  I didn’t take very many looks behind me, but I could feel the ground trembling from 40,000 people bouncing to the beat.  I was once able to sneak a camera in to the MTelus to photograph Anthrax from afar, but now here I was, standing feet from the band and with a photo pass hanging from around my neck.  What a thrill.  The crowd erupted in madness as Scott Ian shouted out "War dance!" during "Indians".  The resulting chaos was all the more impressive as it was taking place outside and with a huge crowd. It was a criminally short seven song and 30 minute set for a band with such a large discography and Heavy Metal heritage.  But, Anthrax certainly made the most of their time.  Knock them out and leave them wanting more.  If that was the goal, they certainly achieved it.  With new album Cursum Perficio coming out later this month, perhaps Anthrax will soon return.  A little higher up the card where they will have even more time to shine.  All of the photographs were taken at f/3.2 while using various different shutter speeds, ISO settings and focal lengths.  Here are the rest of the photographs that I took of Anthrax while they performed on the Parc Jean-Drapeau stage.
 

























































 
If you would like to find out more about Anthrax and their music, you can do so by following the link to their website.  If you would like to see the photographs that I took of Iron Maiden and Megadeth, who also performed that night, you can do so by following the respective links.  Anthrax gave us a terrific show, and I am sure that they do the same everywhere they do.  Don't you dare miss it when them perform in a town near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment