Tuesday 1 May 2018

A Perfect Drop

It's often been said that April showers bring May flowers, but since April saw more snow than rain this year, the May flowers are a little bit late in blooming.  Luckily, I have a June flower from last year saved up for such an occasion.  This photograph was taken at My Little Brother's home last year when I paid him a visit due to a problematic car battery.  It hadn't rained, but when I mentioned that sometimes flower photograph look a little better with water, he took no time in pulling out the garden hose and giving a little drink to some of his garden flowers.  As luck would have it, this perfect little droplet  remained so I grabbed a quick photograph before it burst.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 60mm. I focused on the little drop of water and used a small aperture to slightly blur our the background, but not by as much as I usually would because I really liked the colours and patterns of the flower.  Getting this photograph made having a dead car battery feel a little less bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment