Monday 7 May 2018

Oven Fresh Muffins

My Lovely Assistant has been so productive in the kitchen over the last few months that this photography blog of mine is rapidly turning into a food blog.  I won't be one to complain though, as I often find myself arriving home to wonderful aromas and tasty treats.  Such is the case with these tasty little bran muffins.  I had been using various plates and trays to display My Lovely Assistant's work in the past and was looking for something new.  As I often do, I looked to the internet for inspiration and saw some photographs of muffins bundled together in cloth, so I thought I'd give it a try.  As they came out of the oven, I gently tossed a few onto the cloth which was placed over my white cardboard background, which you can't see because I cropped it out of the final shot, but was still useful in bouncing some light onto the muffins.  I took the photograph at f/9, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 30mm.  One word of warning, a layer of cloth is not enough to protect the cardboard underneath from warping under the heat and humidity of the muffins.  A lesson learned a little too late to save my background.  Fortunately, cardboard isn't very expensive in today's economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment