Saturday 11 March 2023

Annoyingly Nice

When it comes to winged insects, there is probably none more annoying than the wasp.  Flies rank up there on the annoying hierarchy, but wasps take the top spot because not only will they harass you and interrupt your meals, but they will also just decide to go and bite you on a whim.  While it's true that they are world class pests, they also have real nice colours and are fun to photograph, preferably if they've found a nice flower to munch on as opposed to my legs.  This little guy was found walking around my Mom's flowers during a visit a few summers ago.  He got lost in the archives a little bit, but I rediscovered him while taking a small trip through the folders, actually looking for something else.  That something else will have to wait for their chance to see the light as my attention was immediately turned to his sharp stripes and translucent wings.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/160sec, ISO 1600 at 60 while using a macro lens.  After looking at this photograph for a while, I may have to change my stance on how annoying wasps are.  At least until some random supper in the near future when his distant cousins do something to change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment