Monday 13 March 2023

And The Juno Goes To...

I've been very lucky over the last few years to photograph several top musical artists during their stops here in Montreal and the surrounding area.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I'd find myself in a photo pit at the front of a venue getting the chance to photograph musical acts that I had either been listening to for years, or only just recently discovered.  A few weeks back, the 2023 Juno Award nominations were announced and after looking through the list, I discovered that I had photographed four bands that had been nominated.  The group grew to five last week when I got to photograph Harm & Ease, who are nominated for 2023 Breakthrough Group of the Year.  That photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/320sec, ISO 1600 at 24mm.  You can also see the rest of the photographs I took of them by following this link.  Here are the rest of the nominees and some winners!

 
f/3.2, 1/400sec, ISO 1600 at 24mm
Nominated for Rock Album of the Year
 
f/5.6, 1/200sec, ISO 6400 at 200mm
Nominated for Adult Contemporary Album of the Year
 
f/2.8, 1/250sec, ISO 3200 at 24mm
Winner - Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year
 
f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 180mm
Nominated for Francophone Album of the Year
 
f/3.2, 1/60sec, ISO 6400 at 24mm
Winner - Country Music Album of the Year
Nominated for Songwriter of the Year
 
f/3.2, 1/1000sec, ISO 4000 at 24mm
Nominated for Rock Album of the Year

Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees.  It's fun for me to go through these award lists because it gives me a chance to look back at what fun I had shooting those shows.  The couple of songs that I get to shoot from the pit goes by real fast, so it's nice to take a moment to revisit some really fun times that I've been able to take part in thanks to my photography.  Here's to hoping for many more good shows in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment