Wednesday 22 March 2023

Spring Flowers

As the old saying goes, Spring has finally sprung and there is a feel of optimism in the air.  It wasn't a particularly hard or cold Winter this year.  Other than February, it was a rather timid season.  However, that month of February saw the coldest and the biggest snow falls of the season, at a time when most people just want to get Winter over with and move on to warmer times.  Present company excluded of course, but since the changing of the seasons does coincide with several things that I like to photograph, I guess that we can somewhat.  As it has already been established, I love flowers.  The way the colours pop, their textures and their shapes.  They'll be back very soon, but as we wait, here is one from last year.  Flower shopping day is always a nice day of discovery as I choose what, with the help of My Lovely Assistant of course, will decorate our yard.  This marigold, with its yellow and red, caught my eye right away and we had a great Summer together.  I photographed it at f/4, 1/1600sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  It will soon be time to decide what I get to photograph in the yard this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment