Sunday 23 June 2024

Vacation Butterfly

We ended up taking an earlier than usual Summer vacation this year up in cottage country.  We ended up staying at another SEPAQ location, this time at the Parc National de la Yamaska.  For those of you looking for vacation ideas, it is a very nice place with a clean beach.  Every SEPAQ location that we have visited has always been top notch, and this one is no different.  While on vacation, I'm always looking for some butterflies, as they seem to continue to avoid coming to our yard no matter how many butterfly friendly flowers and plants I buy.  Luckily, vacation butterflies are much less shy than the ones at home as I had three visit me during our first walk through the woods after arriving.  Vacation mosquitoes are more friendly as well, but those are some visits that we all could have done without.  This friendly little guy flew over to me and landed close to my feet before opening his wings and showing off his many colours.  He closed them up a
little bit before taking flight after his short, but productive visit. He left me with a couple of very colourful photographs of his wings and another fun little insect story.  The first photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 200mm and the second photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  I over-exposed them both a little bit as the sun was blocked out by the trees that were surrounding the trail and I really wanted to capture the colour of the wings.  Much thanks to the butterflies of Parc National de la Yamaska for being so friendly.  Maybe they can get word to their city cousins that stopping by my yard isn't that bad of an idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment