Monday 10 September 2018

Fighting To Be Seen

Taking another moment to look back at my Summer vacation.  As previously mentioned, our arrival at Lac Kénogami was met with thick clouds and rain.  The clouds didn't part until a few days later, but the moon gave them a good fight.  We were sitting next to  brilliant fire that My Lovely Assistant built next to our rented cottage when I noticed a little sliver of light trying to fight through the clouds in the sky.  Though the moon remained initially hidden, the light it was giving off was still bright enough to give a nice look at the texture of the very clouds that were hiding it.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/10sec, ISO 3200 at 110mm.  Here are a few more.

f/2.8, 1/10sec, ISO 3200 at 125mm

f/2.8, 1/25sec, ISO 3200 at 200mm

It was one of those moments where you had to be there.  I suppose that it may just be my point of view, but I thought that it was a pretty cool celestial moment.  I had originally hoped to practice shooting some star trails, but ended up with a moon that was fighting to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment