Thursday 13 September 2018

Finding Bambi

One of the final activities of my recent vacation was a little trek through nature at the Parc National du Mont Saint-Bruno.   It was a pleasant little walk so no accusations of attempted murder will be necessary.  We took a walk on the 8.8km Five Lakes trail and along the way we came upon this guy and two other friends.  They must be very used to seeing humans because they didn't get spooked by our presence at all.  They even decided to take a break and took a seat on the ground.  I tried to get their attention by scrapping my shoes against the rocks and fallen leaves on the ground, but the closest thing I could get to a reaction was this guy who turned his head.  You'll probably think I'm crazy, but if you look at the second photograph, I'd swear that he was smiling for the camera.  There were lots of branches between me and my new friend which played all kinds of havoc with my auto-focus, but I managed to grab a couple photographs by turning the focus ring manually and then trying a little trick in Photoshop to make the photograph look a little sharper.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 200mm and the second photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  As an added bonus, the park was free to visit that day and we even got free passes for another visit at any of the other national parks so maybe I'll find a few more friendly critters during that future visit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment