Thursday 27 September 2018

Itty Bitty Butterfly

Here's a little friend who almost got lost in the rush of August updates.  While walking back to the car after watching the Preville Big Band at Saint-Lambert en Fête (you can see the photographs by following this link), this little guy began flying around me in an obvious attempt to grab my attention.  Or it was just continuing its daily life of being an insect.  Of those two choices, I prefer the first.  My little friend was rather small, and I wasn't carrying a Macro lens with me, but he was such a nice colour of blue that I figured I should at least try to grab a photograph.  He landed on a little flower in the grass so I pulled out my the telephoto lens that I had with me, laid down on the sidewalk and shot away.  I grabbed this one at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and I must admit that I did a little bit of tweaking in Photoshop to bring out the colour a little more.  I tried to get a photograph from the front, but he wasn't willing to smile for the camera.  Still, I think the wings were pretty magnificent so maybe he just wanted to show off his brighter side.

No comments:

Post a Comment