Saturday 5 October 2019

Montreal International Fireworks Competition Recap

The unofficial motto of the old blog should probably be 'better late than never'.  The 2019 edition of the L'International des Feux Loto-Québec wrapped up back in the beginning of August, but things have been pretty busy over here since then, as evidenced by all of the  updates that you may have noticed over on the right hand side of the page.  With that in mind, it's probably a good idea to wrap things up before 2020 arrives.  It was another great summer of fireworks over the Montreal skyline.  I was able to attend all of the shows this year as the rain stayed away and I was also able to race to a couple of sites after some of the outdoor concerts I also photographed.  For the record, the winner of Gold Jupiter this year was Portugal.  The Silver Jupiter went to Australia and the Bronze Jupiter went to the United States of America.  All credit goes to the winners, though I felt that the show put on by South Korea was probably one of the best and most original displays I have seen over the many years I have watched the sky over Montreal be filled with colour.  So, here is a little reminder of how the 35th annual competition played out.  You can follow the provided links to see the full gallery I produced of every show I saw.  The first photograph at the top of the page was from the opening Throwback 1985 show was was taken at f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 41mm and was from the show by Dreaming In Montreal show by South Korea.  Here are the other photographs.

f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm
f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 39mm

f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 61mm


f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 50mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 50mm

That wraps things up for the 35th annual L'International Des Feux Loto-Québec.  As I said at the beginning, better late than never.  I had a great time watching all of the shows once again this year.  It's a nice little bonus to be able to live close enough to the shows to be able to see them all without being stuck in the traffic that I often find myself either walking or biking by on my way home.  If you're a fan of fireworks, there is no better show than this yearly event.  Be sure not to miss it next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment