Friday 19 July 2019

Montreal International Fireworks Competition - USA

We're into the second half of the 2019 International Des Feux Loto-Quebec and it was the turn of the United States of American to blow things up over our fair city.  It might be an unfair characterization, but our American neighbours sure know how to blow stuff up.  That's actually meant as a compliment in this form as I always look forward to the American entry in this annual competition as they always have the biggest explosions.  This year, the big bangs wer courtesy of Atlas Pyrovision company out of New Hampshire.  It was their fourth appearance at the event, and they won the Golden Jupiter award back in 2012.  The theme of the show was 'Spirit of the Jungle' and featured a varied soundtrack that included songs from animated Disney movies to the hard rock of Guns N' Roses.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 27sec, ISO 100 at 61mm.  Here are several more that I took during the performance.

f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 61mm

I went to a spot that I haven't used in a while, and I probably won't be going back to.  Anytime a large truck would pass by, I'd have to stop the exposure as the truck lights would cut through the silhouette of the roller coaster.  Shooting between trucks, I also failed to notice a pesky traffic sign, which I was able to make disappear thanks to the magic of Photoshop.  That aside, it was a fun show and everyone around me was impressed with the bright lights and loud booms.  A success.  There are but a handful of shows left, don't miss out on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment