Monday 23 March 2020

Lockdown

We're into the second week of forced quarantine in this part of the world.  It is estimated that about 80% of the population is on lockdown.  Which reminded me of a couple of photographs that I took a few years back and were hanging around in the archives.  These were taken during an evening walk on the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  I had wanted to take a photograph of the light steaks of the passing cars going through the superstructure portion of the bridge.  Feel free to go back in time to visit that photo by following the link.  As I was walking back, I noticed how the lights from the bridge were glowing against the bars and creating some ominous looking shadow.  Like something out a film noir movie of the 1940's and 50's.  With the bars overhead and the harsh lights, it really felt light walking through a cell block...not that I would know the feeling personally. Both photographs were taken at f/2.8, 1/13sec, ISO 1600 at 24mm.  If I could go back in time I'd probably use a smaller ISO and smaller aperture.  I know that I had a tripod with me because it would have been impossible to get the shot of the streaking car lights without one.  It must have been one of those times when I adjusted my ISO to try something and then forgot to put it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment