Thursday 26 March 2020

Before The Big Bang

Our little trip through the archives continues with this little photograph taken a while back.  Long time followers of the blog know that I've been photographing the annual fireworks displays over Montreal for several years now.  Going back to before the creation of the blog even.  In order to get a good clear view, I often show up a couple of hours before the explosions begin in order to get the spot that I want.  Once set up, I periodically snap off a photograph or two while waiting for the big bangs to begin.  About a half hour before the show begins there is often a test shot that goes off, with a second one shortly afterwards.  Knowing this, I kept my eyes on the sky, waiting for the first test shot so that I would be ready to get the second.  My timing was perfect on this one as not only did I get the explosion, but the little fire trail as well.  The photograph was taken at f/14, 20sec, ISO 100 at 43mm.  If you'd like to see the photographs of the fireworks that came later, just follow the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment