Thursday 6 July 2017

Look Dad, I'm On TV


This past Monday evening, I went out for a walk with My Lovely Assistant and noticed how the setting sun was leaving a golden glow on the facade of the Jacques Cartier Bridge.   I thought that the bridge looked great in the setting sun and decided I'd grab a photograph of it the following night.  I took a quick bicycle ride under the bridge as the sun was beginning to set, found myself a spot that allowed me to see all of the bridge and waited for the perfect moment to grab my photograph, which was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Once back home, I cropped in a little bit tighter on the bridge, and also used the Curves and Levels tools in Photoshop to further darken the bottom of the photograph and add a little colour to the sky.  Once that was done, I figured that I might take a shot and send it in to CTV Montreal.  They have a WeatherPix segment where people can send in weather related photographs and then get them aired on the evening newscast.  I've been fortunate enough to already have this happen three times, so why not try for a fourth?  I never heard back from them and figured all was lost until about 10 minutes before the end of the newscast, my photograph showed up on the television.  Yes, it still feels as good as it did the first time.  Thanks much to Lori Graham for showing the photograph on her twitter feed, and CTV Montreal for airing it.

2 comments: