Monday 24 July 2017

Montreal International Fireworks Competition - France

As I mentioned a few updates ago, I was suffering from what I guess you would call repeated location boredom.  The best cure for this disease is to try a new location.  So, that's what I did this past Saturday night as the L'International des Feux Loto-Québec once again filled the sky over Montreal with light.  On this evening, the fireworks were presented by the Féérie - Fireworks, Pyromusical  and Pyrotechnics company from France.  This was their third participation in the annual competition, and I believe that I have already photographed their work back during a visit in 2012, before I opened this blog.  I may have to dig through my archives to see if I can find those photographs.  Might be fun to compare them to the ones here today.  The first photograph here was taken at f/10, 8sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took during the show.

f/9, 10sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/10, 25sec, ISO 100 at 50mm

f/9, 8sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/10, 20sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/10, 8sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

I guess you could say that this was my widescreen edition of the fireworks display.  With this different location, I was hoping to get the fireworks as well as the Biosphere in my photograph, but getting them both in my shot meant cropping my photographs at either 12" x 4" or 12" x 5".  I also lost a few photographs because my new spot was on a wooden bicycle path and when people would walk or ride by, it would cause the deck to vibrate, which you could see in the finished product.  I also played around with some different apertures which added to the experimental feel of the evening.  I was really happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment