Tuesday 4 December 2018

Live And In Living Colour

It has been so grey here over the last several weeks that Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer might have been coming down with a case of the Blah's.  So, when the clouds cleared a little today, I knew that the time was going to be right for a nice sunset.  I rushed home from the day job, grabbed my gear and then climbed a perfectly positioned snow bank in a nearby parking lot.  I then began to snap away as the sky went from blue, to gold and finally to red.  In one of those good timing moments I like to attribute to my Grandmother, I noticed a flock of geese flying towards the Biosphere.  I waited for them to enter an empty spot at the left of my image, purposely underexposed so the colours would come out a bit more and then snapped away.  Once home, I figured the fine folks at CTV News Montreal would enjoy a little colour as well so I sent it off to them and then it appeared during the evening newscast.  All in a days work.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Thanks once again to Lori Graham (who also featured the photograph on Twitter) and the folks at CTV Montreal for airing my photograph.  My 15 minutes of fame continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment