Thursday 20 December 2018

My Gingerbread Neighbours

Another Christmas is upon us, which means that while I'm tapping away at this computer, My Lovely Assistant is slaving away in the kitchen.  She has been preparing all kinds of festive treats, like this Gingerbread house.  It was waiting on the table one evening with strict instructions telling me not to touch it or move it around very much as it may have been fragile.  Luckily for me, her work was solid because move it, I did.  I placed the house and its inhabitants onto a cutting board and near our little Christmas tree in order to get a nicer image.  You need to take risks in photography, and I took a big risk because had that house collapsed when I moved it, I probably wouldn't be having a Merry Christmas.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 60mm with a little bit of added flash.  The building is still standing, but is due to be demolished on Saturday.  My belly and I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment