Saturday 8 December 2018

Cold Temperature, Warm Sunset

Though the temperatures have dropped, the clouds have finally cleared and the sun has come out to play.  That meant that the opportunity was there for some nice sunsets.  Tuesday's ended up on CTV Montreal and La Presse, but my good fortune wasn't about to end.  After taking a look at the sky after getting home for the Day Job, I saw that the combination of clouds and sun was perfect for another nice sunset.  I again grabbed my gear and headed out into the cold.  Instead of zooming in on the buildings, I pulled back a bit and grabbed a shot of the downtown core, but also the sun as it hit the horizon and the light it was giving off on the above clouds.  I used a small aperture to get that little star effect around the sun and underexposed to silhouette the buildings and capture a little more of the colour in the sky.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I once again decided to send it in to CTV Montreal as Mom always said that it's nice to share.  The fine crew there liked it enough to air it during the six o'clock newscast and Lori Graham sent the photograph out on Twitter.  My fun week of photography continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment