Tuesday 14 March 2017

Smiling Snow Cone

Winter in my part of the World can be kind of deceptive.  Just when you think it's over, it has this habit of sneaking right back up and giving us a good smack.  Such was the case today.  A forecast of 15-30cm's of snow and high winds was in the middle of coming true this afternoon.  So, what did I do?  I decided to go out for a walk.  Truth be told, it wasn't a very long walk as I knew exactly where I wanted to go.  Just down the street from where I live, I had spotted a traffic cone that someone had spray painted a happy face on.  I had been trying to think of a fun way to photograph the thing, and what could be more needed during a blizzard than a happy face.  I shot the photograph at f/4, 1/2500sec, ISO 400 art 24mm.  I needed to use a high speed in order to catch some of the falling snow, and as you can see, there was quite a lot to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment