Monday 6 March 2017

Gaspé In The Morning

While things may be progressing ahead of schedule when it has to do with my photography exhibition, I am still dreadfully behind schedule when it comes to clearing out the hard drive.  Since I have not been doing much shooting over the last little while due to getting things ready for the show, this is the opportune time to pull some older photos out.  Such is the case with this series.  Those of you with sharp eyes may notice that they have been watermarked 2016 as I had planned to posting these last year, but time ended up getting in the way.  These photographs were taken a couple of years ago when My Lovely Assistant and I spent a week in Gaspé for our summer vacation.  I wanted to visit the Percé Rock, a very well known local landmark that draws thousands of toursist every year, present company included.  I wanted to get some photographs of the sun coming up next to the rock, so I woke up early one morning, headed down to the beach and began shooting.  Upon returning to the hotel, I was spotted by the manager who let me know that in early August, the sun rises right through the hole in the rock.  Maybe we will have to return to see that one day.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 24mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  Here are some photographs from the rest of the sunrise.

f/16, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 1/20sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/16, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

At first, I was a little worried about the line of clouds that were hanging around over the rock, but as the sun rose, it made a nice demarcation line of blue sky above, and orange sky below.  The reflection of the sun in the ripples of the water was also something that caught my eye.  Then it was quickly back to bed.  After all, what the heck was I doing awake so early in the morning...I was on vacation for crying out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment