Saturday 14 March 2020

Pi(e) Day

While the world is going  little bit crazy right now, how about we all calm down for a minute and have some dessert.  Today is March 14th, and in math circles it is Pi Day.  Pi being one of those never ending numbers from math class to measure the circumference of a circle, but the first three numbers are 3.14, thus the reason why it is celebrated on March 14th.  I don't have any numbers to photograph at the moment, so I figured this tasty creation My Lovely Assistant would fill the void.  It certainly filled our tummies.  She always tells me that I spend more time photographing her creations than she does making them, and that is probably true.  She has some good presentation ideas too.  It was her who though that adding the apples to the photograph would be appropriate and a good use of the empty space.  She know what she speaks of.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 50mm with some flash bounced off of the ceiling to get some better light.  It was also cooked in the oven, but for any more cooking information, you'll have to convince My Lovely Assistant to open her own cooking blog.  Maybe one day.  I hear she knows a good photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment