Wednesday 3 July 2019

DJ Miss Shelton In Greenfield Park

After the fireworks went out, the remaining crowd at the Canada Day celebrations in Greenfield Park were treated to a set from DJ Miss Shelton.  While dance music isn't really my thing, I had never photographed a DJ before and since I was already there, I figured I'd give it a shot.  Miss Shelton picked up DJ'ing in her late teens and has since traveled the world, mixing different styles of music together to get crowds moving.  The late night crowd in attendance was certainly moving more than they had at any other point in the evening, so I'd say that she was doing a good job.  I moved around the stage a bit and tried to get some shots of her behind her kit and a couple more of the crowd.  I'm not sure if these photographs would be considered representative of a DJ in action, but I had some fun taking them.  It's always fun to try something new.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/160sec, ISO 3200 at 61mm.  Here are a few more photographs I took as she mixed away.

f/2.8, 1/200sec, ISO 5000 at 61mm

f/2.8, 1/200sec, ISO 5000 at 70mm

f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 5000 at 70mm

f/2.8, 1/25sec, ISO 5000 at 70mm

f/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 70mm

This was a wild end to a wild two days.  An evening at the Jazz Festival in Montreal and then an evening of music to celebrate Canada Day in Greenfield Park.  I think my camera was ready for a good cleaning and battery charge after that.  To find out more about Miss Shelton, visit her website by following the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment