Saturday 11 May 2024

A Fortunate Sneeze

There's something about flowers that just catches my eye.  I'm sure that I'm not alone when it comes to this and with it being Mother's Day, I'm sure that there are a lot of flowers that will be making the rounds today.  My Lovely Assistant is not as big a fan as I am, but Grandmaman will very likely be getting some flowers from The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  There's no time to photograph and post those photographs, but we can post up a virtual flower for my Mom, and what better than my personal favourite, the Day Lily.  This one in particular was donated by my Mom to be planted in our yard a few years back, but last year it was particularly spectacular.  Rather than it's usual red and orange hue, it was a darker red than usual with a little hint of purple.  As usual, I tried to get as close as possible to get a good shot, but that's when my allergies kicked in and I may have sneezed a few times.  I guess that I didn't do a very good job of covering my mouth, because when I looked back, the yellow pollen of the flower and flown all over the petals.  It ended up giving my Day Lily an even more unique look.  The photograph was taken at f/9, 1/50sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.  I hope you all have a very colourful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment