Saturday 4 May 2024

I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Who says that an adult can't play with their toys?  The year I was born keeps getting further away in the rear-view mirror, so it becomes even more important to stay connected with the things that keep me young.  What better way to remain young than a little bit of Star Wars fun.  It's once again May 4th, Star Wars Day (May The Forth...May The Force) so let's have a little photographic fun from a long time ago and a galaxy far, far away.  This year we brought Darth Vader back for another appearance.  I had seen some toy photographs where the photographer had downloaded a specific location related to the toy in question, so I decided to give it a shot.  For this photograph, I downloaded the view from the bridge of a Star Destroyer as it looks out at some planet.  I then placed my Dark Lord of the Sith on a nice black, reflective DVD case and shot away.  I used some flash with the power dialed down to -2 so that it would light up my action figure, but now was out the image that was on the computer screen.  I repeated the process for the second photograph where I had Lord Vader looking out towards the planet, kind of repeating one of the final scenes from The Empire Strikes Back where Vader looks out the window after the Millennium Falcon has escaped after having made the jump to light speed just as Vader's Star Destroyer was about to capture the ship.  The first photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/20sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken f/7.1, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm while also using  tripod for both to avoid camera shake.  I was happy with the final result, or as Darth Vader himself would say, "Impressive.  Most Impressive."  Happy Star Wars Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment