Wednesday 29 August 2012

Photograph Everything

One of the big problems I had when I first started to get serious about picking up the camera was finding the motivation to actually photography something.  I won't lie, I still have that problem to this day as motivation has never been one of my strongest attributes.  However, it's true what everyone says.  Practice makes perfect, and sometimes something as simple as practice can leave you with a pretty cool shot.  This photo was taken at Christmas 2000-something at my Uncle Paul's house.  The presents had been unwrapped, supper had been eaten and I'm pretty sure that everyone was sick of my taking their picture.  So, I decided to pull out my Canon 60mm Macro lens, lined up some candles and decided to play around.  After I few attempts, I decided to go with ISO 400, f/4 and 1/15sec for the exposure.  I took several pictures, but I feel that this on was the best.  Whenever I'm feeling lazy about pulling out my camera, I try and make my way back to this image in order to remind myself that even the simplest of things can be used to create a very nice image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment