Saturday 10 November 2012

It's Just A Suggestion

The show is over and it's time to dust off the old tripod and camera.  Back to getting on the road and taking some pictures.  I had the idea for this shot a few weeks back, but I originally wanted to use a speed limit sign that had a relatively low speed, like 30 KM/H.  Problem was, I couldn't find any such signs that were positioned low enough for me to catch the light streaks of the passing cars.  Then, when I was out this evening with plans for taking another photograph, this opportunity caught my eye.  Funny how often that seems to happen.  This stop sign is actually on a bicycle path, meaning it is positioned lower than regular stop signs.  As a result, the sign was low enough for me to accomplish my goal of finding a seemingly ignored road sign as the passing light streaks make it look like nobody is bothering to stop at all.  It's actually better off that this was a bicycle path sign as there were no excess light bumps from the cars actually having to stop.  This image was shot at f/8 for 31secs. at ISO 100 using a focal length of 40mm.  I'm also glad to report that I didn't cause any accidents while taking this photograph, which is quite the accomplishment considering all of the turned heads I caused from curious drivers who were passing by.  I was even stopped by a curious onlooker who seemed quite impressed when I showed him one of the many shots I took during this session.  I hope that some of you out there are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment