Sunday 11 November 2012

Lest We Forget

Remembrance Day has always been important to me as I feel it is important to remember the sacrifices made by soldiers and their families over the years.  My family was fortunate to have not lost any members in battle, but my Grandfather and several other members of my family did serve in World War II.  I took this photograph a bit before the service held in Mercille Park, Saint-Lambert.  There were several photographs being taken, and one day I hope to have the courage to actually go up to the front of the cenotaph to photograph the placing of the wreaths, as one such photographer did.  However, I'm not there yet as I find that particular moment of the ceremony to be a bit to sacred to have Eric Mahannah standing front and center.  Seems like that photo would be better served getting with a telephoto lens to me.  In any event, this shot was taken at f/14, 1/80sec. at ISO 100.  I also shot this photo in full Manual mode which is a change for me as I try and shoot in AV mode as much as possible.  However, the camera AEB was jammed at -1 whenever I tried to shoot in AV, so I was happy that I was able to adjust.  Ofcourse, as soon as I got home the problem cleared up.  Be sure to take a moment to think about those who sacrificed their lives today and thank a veteran whenever possible.  It's thanks to them that we enjoy the freedom we have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment