Thursday 21 March 2013

Old Man Winter Strikes Back

It's been said before, and I know that I find myself in the minority, but I find no joy in the end of Winter.  Most people can't stand the strong winds, cold weather and snow, but I love it.  So, while yesterday was officially the first day of Spring, I love that Winter didn't go away silently but rather with a storm that dumped another 30cm's of the white stuff on us.  That's where this photo comes from.  I went out for a walk and captured this image near the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  It was shot at f/2,8, 1/1250sec, ISO 100 at 55mm and then cropped to 12inches x 4.5inches.  I had taken another shot at a slower speed to try and capture the falling snow, but I found the flakes to be more distracting than anything.  I preferred this photo as I feel it is more clean and more representative of the situation.  So there you have it, one last look at Winter.  See you again in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment