Tuesday 21 April 2015

Game Misconduct

With the Montreal Canadiens currently taking on the Ottawa Senators in the NHL Play-Offs, it meant the return of the Canadiens FamJam.  Basically, this is a piece of land downtown near the Bell Center where fans can gather before home games, and those who don't have tickets can watch the games on big screen TV's.  This year, the FanJam is being held below the Bell Center.  My original plan was to go to the site, stake out a nice area where I could have the Ferris wheel in the front of my photograph with the buildings in the background, and then wait for the sun to go down.  There was only one thing I failed to do, and that was ask permission.  Just as the 2nd period was due to begin, the conditions were perfect and I began looking for a security guard  to let them in on what I was doing.  Since the site was pretty empty I figured there would be no problems, but I guess security thought otherwise.  I was told rather quickly that I wouldn't be allowed to use my tripod.  I scrambled out of there, walked down the street a little bit and ended up finding a little alley which offered a nice view of the area.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 26sec, ISO 100 at 18mm.  I only wish that the Ferris wheel would have been moving, but they shut it down just before the game started. I probably could have gotten a little more blue in the sky if I had not lost time by leaving the site, but it did provide a learning moment.  Always be sure to ask permission before the moment comes when you want to take your photograph.  That way you have more time to put together a back-up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment