Wednesday 5 September 2018

A View To Die For

As previously mentioned, My Lovely Assistant and I took a little road trip last week up to Lac Kénogami, which can be found in the Saguenay region of Québec.  We encountered some wet weather upon our arrival, but the sun came out on the second day and that is when she decided to try and kill me.  It is kind of a little joke where I say that she 'tried to kill me' and that is code for we went for a bit of a walk.  In this case, it was a little 3.8km walk up to Cap À L'Aigle, a look-out with a great view of the lake.  However, this 3.8km walk was also a mostly uphill trek through the trees, mud and rocks.  For your average in shape person, it's probably not that difficult of a walk, but Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer is not your 'average in shape person'.  After about 3km's of that walk, not including a little detour that added to our trek, we arrived at a look-out spot and in my mind, that was the end of my trip.  The first two photographs of this update, taken at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 42mm and f/9, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 30mm were taken from this spot.  While I snapped away, My Lovely Assistant continued a little bit further upon the trail and returned to say that our original planned destination, the Cap À L'Aigle was only about 15 minutes further up the path.  Since we had already gone that far, and our guide at the tourist center had said that it was a great view, my hardheadedness took over and overruled my protesting legs.  I made it to the top, grabbed some more photographs and we made our way back down the hill.  For a kind of perspective of how far we went, if you go to the last few photographs of this update, you can see a stone cliff sticking out of the forest.  That was the Cap À L'Aigle and where I took the photograph was the beginning of the walking path.  Here are a few more photographs of the great views of that afternoon.
 f/8, 1/500sec, ISO 320 at 70mm

f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 320 at 70mm

f/8, 1/1250sec, ISO 320 at 24mm

f/9, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/9, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

f/8, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 24mm

f/7.1, 1/2000sec, ISO 400 at 24mm

f/7.1, 1/2000sec, ISO 400 at 24mm

The last photograph is the original file and I just cropped in a little closer for a better view of the rock cliff afterwards.  Yes, I think I earned my supper that night.  Much thanks to My Lovely Assistant for talking me up the hill, and then talking me back down it afterwards.  As usual,though she seems to try and kill me quite often, it is always with the best intentions and often allows me to see some terrific things.  I wonder where she will attempt to kill me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment