Wednesday 10 November 2021

We Remember

On November 11th we take a moment to remember those who came before us and made the biggest of sacrifices so that we could live in freedom.  I always loved Remembrance Day back when I was in school because we would be visited by some of the veterans who served in either the Korean or Second World War.  Sadly, all of those fine folks are likely no longer with us, but I remember them, as well as the veterans who would sit at a table at 'The Day Job' and sell Poppies.  I also try and take a moment to think about all of the other nameless and faceless souls who were packed up and sent to far off places, many of whom never to return.  This year, along with my Poppy I also picked up this nice little pin so I thought that I'd take out my Macro lens to photograph a small item for a large cause.  The photograph was taken at f/4.5, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm with some flash bounced off of the ceiling to make it really pop.  Always remember, never forget.  To find out all kind of interesting things about Remembrance Day, follow the link to the Veterans Affairs Canada website.




No comments:

Post a Comment