Monday 24 June 2013

Appearing Soon In A Salad Near You

I guess you could say that this photograph came to be thanks to my little philosophy of photographing everything.  After all, the best way to continue getting better at taking photographs is to take more photographs.  It's fun to take out my camera and try and figure out a way to turn things that many of us take as common and turn them into, what I consider to be and I hope that some of you out there do too, interesting photographs.  What we're looking at today is the little yellow flower blossoms from the cherry tomato plant that is currently enjoying life on my deck.  When I took this picture a little more than a week ago, I had been taking lots of shots with my Macro lens.  That lens doesn't seem to get much work during the winter months, but much like the flowers and plants I like to photograph, you rarely see my camera without it during the Spring.  I really like how the Macro lens can pick up even the smallest of details, like the little hairs on the stems of the plant.  This photo was taken at f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  For those of you wondering, yes, I've already had my first tomato from the plant.  I'd share my tomato growing tips with you, but the only time I've every had a green thumb was while finger painting in kindergarten.  The real pro is my Lovely Assistant.  She grows them, I shoot them and I can't wait to eat even more as the summer continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment