Friday 28 June 2013

Not So Itsy Bitsy Spider

The Itsy Bitsy Spider
 Crawled up the water spout.
Down came the rain,
 And washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, 
And dried up all the rain,
And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
 Went up the spout again.
 
I think we've all, at some point in our lives, been told that little nursery rhyme.  It would have sometimes been told to us complete with hand gestures that followed the spiders plight as he went up and down the water spout.  I don't have a water spout, but I do have a concrete wall that itsy bitsy spiders and a wide variety of other bugs do like to crawl on.  While I was taking pictures of my tomato plant the other day, this Daddy Long Legs crawled out from his hiding spot.  I was already using my Macro lens, so I just turned around and snapped away.  It was shot at f/2.8, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  I've never been the biggest fan of spiders, but for some reason I was kind of partial to this one species.  Mind  you, that was when I saw them at their regular 10mm size.  Blown up with the Macro lens, I'm beginning to rethink my feelings towards them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment