Sunday 14 July 2013

Girls Wanna Have Fun...Part III

Yes my friends, we've finally reached the end of this line.  Everyone likes a good trilogy, and as I learned in my Creative Writing courses oh so many years ago, three is the magic number.  With that in mind, this is the third and final posting for my Girls Wanna Have Fun concert photographs.  For those of you who are new to the series, or are someone in the future who is new to the blog and thus seeing this post as the first as you scroll down the page, you can find Part One and Part Two by following the respective links.  I don't really have much more to say about this series, which is what I said to lead off Part Two before going on on a rather long little story.  Truthfully, I've said all that there is to say about these photos so I'll just take up a little more space to send out a virtual thank-you to the performers.  Andrée Watters, Élizabeth Blouin-Brathwaite and Eva Avila all put on a great show and I had a great time taking pictures of them.  I'll now share with you the settings that I used for the pictures from this update.  The first shot was taken at f/2.8, 1/125sec, ISO 1600 -2 Exposure at 68mm.  The second shot was taken at f/2.8, 1/125sec, ISO 1600, -2 Exposure at 68mm.  For the rest of the photographs from this set, I'll just add the specific settings underneath the photos that they belong to.  
f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 1600, -0.7 Exposure at 38mm

f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 1600, -0.7 Exposure at 66mm

f/2.8,1/160sec, ISO 1600, -2 Exposure at 46mm

You probably noticed that the last picture is in black and white.  I decided I wanted to try atleast one photo in black and white since this is how you probably would have seen the photo had it been published in a newspaper...back in 1988.  Hey, I used to read newspapers in 1988 so I have good memories.  And with that, we bring an end to this little trilogy.  I hope you've enjoyed the photographs, and I hope that I can find myself some more fun concerts like this to shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment