Tuesday 16 July 2013

They Used My Spot

If this photo seems familiar to you, it means you've been following my page here for almost a year.  In that case, thanks.  If you haven't been to this page before or have not been following me since the beginning, then maybe this scene seems familiar to you because you saw it on the 6:00PM CTV News (go to 7:47 of the video).  This is in relation to the tragic events in Lac Megantic.  I suppose it might seem a bit rude to be drawing attention to myself, especially considering the subject matter, but that's not really my goal.  Rather, I find it cool that a location where I've been taking photographs for the last several years was also chosen by a major media company to position their reporter.  Am I reading to much into this chance happening?  Ofcourse I am, but it still gave me a warm fuzzy when I saw it on the television.  This photograph is different from the one I used last September.  It was taken in 2008 for one of my photography courses and was shot at f/3.2, 1/100sec, ISO 400 at 58mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment