Tuesday 25 February 2014

Feeling Hungry?

It's been a while since we've featured any meals here on the blog.  Mostly because I feel that food photography is an area that I still need much practice in.  My Lovely Assistant is a wonderful cook, so I can't blame the lack of opportunity.  The things she makes are so good that when it comes down to spending several minutes taking a photograph or digging right in, my stomach often wins out.  Things were a bit different last night.  She was trying a new recipe and when I saw her taking the time to shred the flakes of Parmesan, I knew that I had to grab my camera.  These are veal polpettes with a red pepper on the side and some flaked Parmesan cheese on the top.  I shot this photograph at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 42mm and used a Speedlite flash.  I hope that this photograph does justice to how good the meal was.  So good, in fact, that we're going to end this entry right here because there are some leftovers calling for me from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment