Sunday 9 February 2014

Good Morning, Montreal

Since going to the observation deck on Mt. Royal last March, I've wanted to return to photograph the sunrise from the same spot.  I thought that I had done my homework.  Before going to bed I checked the weather.  Sunrise was due for 7:04AM and the sky was to be only partially cloudy.  When My Lovely Assistant left for work at a little after 6:00AM, I soon followed her out the door and drove over to Mt. Royal.  Sadly, the 'partially cloudy' part of the weather forecast from the night before was not exactly accurate.  There was a thick cloud cover over Montreal and my hopes for the sun coming up into a blue or red sky were shattered.  Still, I had made my way to the mountain, and I finally had my camera back after getting the censor cleaned by the fine folks at Simon's Cameras in Brossard so I wanted to take some photographs.  The first photograph was taken at f/8, 1/80sec, ISO 800 at 34mm and the photograph just below was taken at f/8, 1/30sec, ISO 400 at 24mm and then cropped to 12" x 4" to give it a panorama type of feel.  This means there will be another early morning in my future.  Hopefully the sky will be a little bit more clear when that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment