Wednesday 7 January 2015

Bonus Telus Coverage

Have any of you ever tried to take photographs of fireworks during a snowstorm?  Well, I hadn't so I figured I wanted to give it a shot.  Last Saturday we ended up having a huge snowstorm, and I decided to go out and give it a shot.  Probably not my greatest of ideas, especially since people were telling everyone to stay home and off the streets, but sometimes my ideas aren't always the greatest.  We drove over the Jacques Cartier Bridge to Île Sainte-Hélène and were promptly kicked out of an empty parking lot my a security guard.  I suppose she was in the right, but it was annoying just the same.  Anyway, long story short, the idea of shooting fireworks in the snow may have been interesting, but it was the wrong night.  Wrong location as well.  I could see very little across the river and after taking five photographs I quickly packed up my gear and headed for home.  So, always looking for a reason to post stuff here, I went back over the last few Telus shows and scooped out a few shots that I hadn't used before and put there up here.  The first shot was taken on the first night of the shows and was taken at f/16, 9sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  Here are a few more stretched out shots from the second night.
f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 40mm

f/16, 9sec, ISO 100 at 40mm

f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 40mm

And so ends another edition of the Telus Fire on Ice winter fireworks displays.  Weather wise, it wasn't the greatest year as two of the shows were pretty much unwatchable, unless you were on the actual site, but I did discover that location on the bridge, which I will probably use again in future years.  It was fun.  Hope you all enjoyed my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment