Sunday 4 January 2015

Santa's Favourite Dessert

It's been a while since any food has been served here on the Blog.  That's not to mean that I have given up on food photography, but rather that I haven't been having as much success with it as I would like.  Fortunately, My Lovely Assistant is as good of a chef as I like to think that I am as a photographer.  There is never really a lack of opportunity around the home, just a lack of belief in my ability to properly represent My Lovely Assistant's tasty creations.  Such was not the case with this one.  I think the photograph came out quite well.  I really like the texture of the chocolate log and I managed to bounce the light from my flash at an angle where there wasn't much in the way of shadows.  Now, if I would have taken the time to compose a nice background the photograph would probably look a little bit better, but I and everyone else in the room were kind of really looking forward to eating it.  This photograph was taken at f/11, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm and the model was eaten very shortly thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment