Monday 9 March 2015

Come One, Come All

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages.  Eric Mahannah Photography proudly brings to you it's second photography exhibition, Very Colourful!  I hope you'll all excuse me for borrowing that little phrase from my younger years but it kind of fits the situation.  Tomorrow, March 10, my second photography exhibition opens for everyone to see.  Today, with the assistance of My Lovely Assistant, my photographs were placed on the wall of the Claude-Henri-Grignon library, located at 1660 Bourassa in the city of Longueuil.  I think I've said that address enough times over the last few weeks that it will probably remain forever burned in my brain.  26 of my photographs now decorate the walls, which means that there is lots of open space on my walls at home.  I borrowed a few frames from myself meaning that my walls are a little less colourful than usual, but it is for a good cause.  Once everything was hung and I took a moment to stand back, I couldn't help but to smile.  If you'll allow me to indulge my ego for a moment, the smile only got larger when the librarian not only told me that she liked my photographs, but that she remembered my last show from Greenfield Park.  Yep, I was off on Cloud 9 for the rest of the day.  I hope that some of you out there will find the time to pass by the library and look at my photographs.  Speaking of which, I have gotten a few comments asking me how to get to the library.  That's a fair enough question since even today I wasn't all that sure myself.  So, at the bottom of this page, if I've used the proper codes, there should be a little map that will show you exactly where the library is located, and the major streets that surround the area.  So, to wrap things up, the photographs are hanging, you've got a little bit of taste of what is waiting for you inside, and I've even included a little map for you all to help you get there.  I really hope that some of you do make your way out to see my work.  It was a huge pleasure be selected to display my photographs, and it will be my pleasure to show them to you all.  Don't forget, the exhibition lasts from March 10 until April 2nd and the vernissage will take place on March 13th.






No comments:

Post a Comment